Sabado, Hulyo 9, 2011

A New Shopaholic Was Born


After reading the book "Confessions Of A Shopaholic" by Sophie Kinsela, it just take my breath how people became obsess with this branded cloths and apparel. To tell you the 'truth', I'm one of them. When I was a youngster my Mom brought me in a shopping center in our place, while my Mom is scanning for some items to buy I sneak and went to the toy store, well I'm only 10 year old at that time. Being inside a toy store at that time is like a sanctuary for me. Then like a lightning I spotted this Ballerina Barbie, and it's love at first sight. Then with my bare hands I grab the Barbie and run to my Mom.

Don't get too excited because what happens next just shatter my heart into pieces. Remember the old aphorism "you can't always get what you want." Seeing my Mom's visage while showing the Barbie is like our dog have died. My Mom said it cost fortune. Stupid of me, I didn't take a glance at the price tag before showing it to my mom. The Doll cost Php4,000, so now I know why my Mom acted that way. It cost my allowance of a month to get that Doll. My Mom was felt sorry seeing my face with so much grief, but you know what she did she kissed and hugged me and everything is OK. So I told myself that one day I will get that Doll!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento